1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 am

Board index » 1911s » 1911 Gunsmithing and Refinishing

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:28 am 
Personal experience answers only please..

Variable power round coils or flat coils when selecting recoil springs.

Why?

Are flat coils from ismi outlasting the wolff variable springs? Do they offer the same benefits when compared versus a standard rate round coil spring? My limited data from twenty years ago states variable springs are the way to go. Even so far as a soft load with some shock buffers and a reduced power variable spring for rapid fire at competition use. Flat coils are somewhat more new to this still.

Mainsprings.. there was mention of a variable rate mainspring for ease of hammer manipulation. Is there any current production of such a thing.

Anyone make titanium full length guide rods?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 pm 
Experience with flat versus round springs is 50/50. Both work, neither seems to change perceived recoil or reliability in the same spring rate.

I'm not fond of variable rate springs, but it's more personal preference. Same reason I don't really care much about guide rod choice other than weight.

Probably doesn't help you much, just my opinion. You should really test for yourself and see what works for you.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jump to: