[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Random Smithery II

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:34 am

Board index » 1911s » 1911 Gunsmithing and Refinishing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:22 am 
Working on some checkering. Will post up more once complete. First time machine checkering. Due to my hard headness I chose to build of the drawings as far as front strap radius. I knew better but got lucky on this frame and only cut .006 off the the radius. I've got a dividing head but I don't quite have to head space to do the verticals. Once the new mill arrives I'll run that set up. Once I get more free time I'll work on the fixture. So far I have a lot of time in set up and cutting the horizontals. I know understand why Dave made that cutter that does 10 at a time!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:22 am 
Working on some checkering. Will post up more once complete. First time machine checkering. Due to my hard headness I chose to build of the drawings as far as front strap radius. I knew better but got lucky on this frame and only cut .006 off the the radius. I've got a dividing head but I don't quite have to head space to do the verticals. Once the new mill arrives I'll run that set up. Once I get more free time I'll work on the fixture. So far I have a lot of time in set up and cutting the horizontals. I know understand why Dave made that cutter that does 10 at a time!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:59 am 
Was photobucket acquired by George Soros? Blood suckers!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 pm 
Little 20LPI hand checkering

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:20 pm 
Nice work. Can't visualize the setup on the verticals. I wonder how a metal shaper would work for that?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:34 pm 
Thank you. Yeah I'm not sure on the shaper. This is the same gun. It's getting a Chen Gen 1 mag well suite. This is my first attempt and so far so good. Once the grips come in I'll get them fit then provide. I'll be silver soldering this one.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:34 pm 
Thank you. Yeah I'm not sure on the shaper. This is the same gun. It's getting a Chen Gen 1 mag well suite. This is my first attempt and so far so good. Once the grips come in I'll get them fit then provide. I'll be silver soldering this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Jump to: