1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Board index » 1911s » 1911 Gunsmithing and Refinishing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:44 pm 
If the additional interface between the sear and hammer ( besides the full depth sear/hook engagement) is supposed to improve the reliability and stability of the trigger pull, it looks like the extra interface will make fitting the components fussier than the standard parts. Just logic as there are 2x the contact points WRT sear/hammer.
Joe

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 pm 
log man wrote:
No steel triggers. Trigger bounce hammer follow is real, and correct pre-travel, and an aluminum shoe is required.

LOG

Thanks, that does mean I'm not completely off track.
My next assumption is that recoil, and recoil spring affects the situation as well.
The test I'm using when setting up triggers on my guns is to lock down the grip safety, hold the gun loose, and release the slide on an emtpy chamber. Recoil springs of different weights make a very big difference in this test.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:06 am 
I understand the sear angles, not hard to understand. What I am getting at is how to get a good trigger job without having to worry about the sear primary and secondary so much. It is one thing to understand how something works, it is another having the experience to make them work the way they are supposed to. Lot of people out there trying to do trigger jobs and that presents some safety concerns. Not trying to beat the great gunsmiths, but there are just a lot of people who can’t pay the price or just won’t.
The Lippard sear lifts the hammer. The instant there is .001 to .002 the sear is free, no scrape no creep and no worry about the angles other than just holding the hammer back until the trigger is pulled.
I took my RIA to the range today and it was quite remarkable in my opinion. I have been shooting a very long time, but I am no expert.
I was shooting two inch groups at 15 feet, no rest. I am not a great shot, I practice, but the groups surprised me. It is hard to describe the difference in trigger pull, it was barely detectable and you had to be looking for it. It is not a hair trigger, but it almost feels like one.
I would suggest you try one and see for yourself, I would really like to get some feedback from someone who has tried one, and has a lot more experience and ability than I do. The best part is, you can return it if you don’t like it. AGAIN! I am not trying to sale these things.
I carry a Kimber with a 3.5 lb trigger pull done by a really great gunsmith and I think he will really like the feel of this hammer sear setup and the ease of installation.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:58 am 
I am sorry TP but no, your do not understand. I am not a smith but I recognize when someone is unable to check their ego at the door, and accept the fact that they don't have a proper frame of reference.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:01 am 
Look up the word ego, you might find that it fits yourself.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 pm 
Thunder Pickle = shill.

My two cents.

Jim

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm 
Too many people on this site with closed minds. Must be progressives.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:32 pm 
THUNDER PICKLE wrote:
Too many people on this site with closed minds. Must be progressives.

Perhaps you might feel more at ease here, if you weren't so progressive and closed minded. Really! You raise questions, but are so experienced that nothing shared is of any interest to you, and have been arrogant in your approach to sell. When asked questions, you just ignore and continue on.

That's fine, but I would really like to know how much tension the A3 requires to release the hammer without the sear spring in place.

LOG

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 am 
Give him a minute, Log.

Karl Lippard needs to tell him how to respond.

Jim

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am 
I fail to understand how the sear can lift the hammer with a contact point and the necessary required force to develop the leverage for said action without a cost. The resisting force of the hammer , spring loaded, requires effort to move out of mesh with the sear primary. This contact point lifting the sear is just as variable in application as a standard sear primary/hammer hook contact. TANSTAAFL.
The T.R. sear has been vetted by smiths across the country and hailed as a milestone in single action trigger development. It is repeatable, predictable, inexpensive, safe and flexible in the different types of trigger break desired. If Lippard has found the holy grail of triggers someone else would be using it to their advantage and promoting it as such. :roll:
Joe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Jump to: