1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:41 am

Board index » 1911s » 1911 Gunsmithing and Refinishing

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 pm 
Check the extractor tension , will it hold a loaded round with the slide removed ? If the tension is too loose , it will lead to inconsistent ejection .

As far as shaping of the ejector, some file bevels of different angles and the like , but the over all length is important also. I like the saying "sooner is better" .

KR

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm 
If one carefully studies the position/location of the ejector, and its point of contact with the base of the case, from a practical physics stand point, there is virtually zero effect that can be gained from filing angles, etc., in attempt to direct the flight direction of the empty case.
Look to your extractor..and the extraction phase of the cycle. Is there clearance for the case to roll off the extractor?? Or does the end of the extractor hit the side of the case disrupting a smooth rollover.. Most extracors are too long and require adjusment..
Jerry

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 pm 
It's been mentioned before But I would love to see Someone (EGW)? offer an extractor with No Fireing Pin slot.
Course I'm just a Hack.
Larry

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm 
Have you tried asking? I wouldn't be surprised if they did a run. Should be easy to delete a step in the process.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm 
juniour wrote:
It's been mentioned before But I would love to see Someone (EGW)? offer an extractor with No Fireing Pin slot.
Course I'm just a Hack.
Larry

I'd rather add my own shim. I have a working dimension to zero from, based off the existing extractor..
Jerry

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:38 am 
Jerry Keefer wrote:
If one carefully studies the position/location of the ejector, and its point of contact with the base of the case, from a practical physics stand point, there is virtually zero effect that can be gained from filing angles, etc., in attempt to direct the flight direction of the empty case.
Look to your extractor..and the extraction phase of the cycle. Is there clearance for the case to roll off the extractor?? Or does the end of the extractor hit the side of the case disrupting a smooth rollover.. Most extracors are too long and require adjusment..
Jerry

I was one of those guys who filed angles , it is as stated - a waste of time .

KR

Jump to: