[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - bad trigger

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:33 am

Board index » 1911s » 1911 Gunsmithing and Refinishing

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 pm 
hi everyone,iam new here.wonderful site. iam from fredericksburg,va.i have a question for you guys on this site. i have a new para,model-pcx745E,LTCsingle stack,4/14 barrel.I ALSO HAVE A COLT AND SPRINGFIELD,both 45,s,both with wilson combat internals.(sweet). this new para,trigger feels like trigger bow is rubbing inside of frame. I PUT MY TRIGGER GAUGE ON IT,I ABOUT FELL OVER. 61/2 LBS. ITS LIKE PULLING THE TRIGGER ON MY 38 SPEC. i took it to my gunsmith,i thought my gauge was screwd. his showed same thing. he was shocked. any suggestions on what to do,send it back and wait a long time to get it back or just buy all the parts i need from wilson. thanx in advance.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:43 am 
Welcome afb. What did your gunsmith say about the trigger pull?

You might call Para's customer service and see if it is within their factory specs. My guess is that they will tell you it is.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:53 am 
I would:
1) Have your "1911 gunsmith" measure the distance between the hammer and sear pins and if it is in spec. adjust or replace your trigger so it moves with no drag.
2) Then replace your hammer, hammer strut, sear, and dis-connector with a known aftermarket matched set, and go on down the road and enjoy your pistol.

Barry

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:21 am 
afb, I used to work for Para. The best thing you could do is get rid of the internals and go with a known good set of parts. QC on Para's parts was hit and miss at best. Spend a little more money right now and you'll have something you'll enjoy much more down the road.

Profile WWW  

Jump to: