[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - First 9mm 1911 build.

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 am

Board index » 1911s » Amateur & DIY 1911s

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 pm 
Long time lurker/drooler here... I wanted to share my first 80% 1911 build. The foundation is a carbon government checkered frame from 1911builders, and the rest of the parts are a mixture from EGW, Harrison Design, Caspian, Cylinder & Slide, Nowlin, Ed Brown, Fusion Firearms, and Wilson Combat. The caliber is 9mm. I can't remember if 80% builds are frowned upon/restricted here, so if it is, please remove the thread.

Some pics for your review. Professional photographers please don't judge too harshly, I'm still learning the finer points of digital SLR photography. :) The white specks are leftover from paper towels I used to wipe the oil off. Some shiny spots are leftover oil I didn't catch... I had limited time to use the equipment at work, sorry... :D

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:33 pm 
This one will be allowed. Serialized, and not instructional on how to make your own frame.

Nice build.

CW

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:39 pm 
Thank you Sir!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:54 pm 
Really nice build .... curious which grip safety you used? thx

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:54 pm 
Grip safety is .250 from EGW. Thank you.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm 
roger that ... I'm working on two builds using the ( kit maker) 80% frames, one gvmt and one commander. The commander frame came with a 0.250 radius cut, and the line of the top of the tang cuts down deep ... not sure I'll be able to blend mine as nicely as you did with yours. I've also decided to work on blending the area under the trigger guard - taking it real slow with a needle file to see if I can get that to be a smoother radius.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 7.30.17 AM.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:36 am 
I liked the full size frames because their tangs are not cut for anything so the canvas is open, however I have both their commander and the new officer frames with .250 cuts already, and I didn't notice too big a gap when I trial-fit my EGW grip safety to them, so hopefully they'll turn out okay... I actually purchased two Derr Precision Grips Safeties which are bobbed and minimized for concealment so excited to see how those will fit up. These Derr safeties are cut at .245 radius just like the EGW so maybe that helps to minimize the gaps during fitting.

Good luck with your builds!

Jump to: