1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Board index » 1911s » Amateur & DIY 1911s

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:46 pm 
I have one and it works good, but its been out awhile now and wondering if people still feel that it is the best way to do the sear. I just read a disparaging remark from a well known 1911 smith that has me curious.

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 pm 
I've read many complimentary remarks. I like it, the concept seems simple and elegant.
What remarks or at least what was the gist of the negative statement(s)? Just being curious here too.

I'm not even close to a gunsmith, well, I have talked to a couple.

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:19 am 
DavidR wrote:
I have one and it works good, but its been out awhile now and wondering if people still feel that it is the best way to do the sear. I just read a disparaging remark from a well known 1911 smith that has me curious.

Statements such as this always makes me wonder. Really? If a "well known smith" made such a statement to read, quoting would hardly be a problem, and perhaps "his" comments could be explained. However without any of the "info" we are just stuck with, huh?.

LOG

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:01 am 
It is never in bad taste to post a link to the item in discussion in that it allows the issue to be viewed in context.
Joe

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:06 pm 
it was on facebook and it was just referred to as "that TR crap" when I asked him to elaborate it was never answered. I respect this person and left it alone and wont name him, and realize nothing pleases everyone but thought id see if others had similar views. I personally live close to John Harrison and bought my original TR jig from him at his house and used it a year or so till the new one was released and I bought it from John as well. I find it makes a novice be able to get a decent trigger pull, it doest imo make the best trigger for my taste being I shoot bullseye and like a softer pull, It could be im not using the NEW style TR to its full potential. If CW could maybe give some guidance on how the different marks affect things it might help me figure it out. Im new here but have been shooting 1911s in competition for many years and some may know me from being a administrator for the Bullseye Forum

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:27 pm 
Dr. Jerry Keefer likes the process. He has his own jig ( I'm jealous of all of his toys) And he has stated that the end result is the best innovation in trigger tuning in a long time.
He posts on the Bullseye forum also I believe so you are probably acquainted.
Welcome to the forum!
Joe

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:45 pm 
David, welcome.
I would be glad to personally walk you through the use of the new jig if you call the shop.
As for the contrary opinion your speaking of, well, every smith has their likes and dislikes. I don't tout the TR as the be all, end all, of sear design or prep, but in the 4 or 5 years since its inception, only one voice ever pops up negatively.
You yourself have your own experience to judge by. That in itself should prove the credibility of the comments author.
We have always offered an unconditional refund, and I don't believe we have issued 1 yet, and we have sold over 1000 and fast approaching 2.
Glad to have you here, and look forward to your participation. Hope to see more Bullseye participants!
CW

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:30 pm 
Thanks Chuck, I can call you but I thought others here and on my forum ( cut and paste the post on bullseye) might benefit from your personal instruction on how to get the best out of the tool. Yes Jerry Keefer is well known on our forum for his wisdom as well as his cool shop pictures he shares with us.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 am 
Dave, post up a link and I will do so. Gladly.

CW

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:10 am 
Dave
I have been super busy with Perry fast approaching. Maybe tomorrow evening, I will post some pictures, and info related to the TR sear. After 100 years, Chuck came up with the solution.☺☺☺

Jump to: