[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - New 9mm 1911 build.

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:07 am

Board index » 1911s » Amateur & DIY 1911s

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:35 pm 
Hey guys. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I just finished up a new build using a Caspian frame and Slide with a Kart barrel. Pretty standard stuff I suppose, but its an outstanding shooter and I thought I would share a few pics with you guys.

This one is primarily for my wife. She is going to use it for IDPA ESP division shooting. Hopefully, Ill get a chance to shoot it a little too!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:54 pm 
Nice! Love that polish on the flats. Did you send the controls out for chrome or is that polished stainless?

You may know a thing and it is not true, but in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 pm 
Nicely done!

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:13 pm 
Thank you. The gun will be holstered and un-holstered about a bazillion times, and I know it will wear the blue off all the edges, but I cant help it, Im a sucker for a polished blue!
The controls are polished Stainless. Harrison slide stop and Wilson Safety. Unfortunately My camera didn't do a great job with the black slide and high polished SS, the SS just washed out. Really need a better camera!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 am 
Looks GREAT Mark !!!

I love the Polished Blue

Can't wait to see her in Person

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 pm 
Nice job, your will be pleased.

Have you weighed it with an empty mag yet?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:51 pm 
Very nice!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:57 pm 
Thanks guys.
Timberwolf, as it sits with an empty mag its at 43.2 oz. So Ive got to loose about .5 oz just to be safe. Shouldn't be hard to do. I can change the grips or hollow out the VZs a little. The G10 grips are heavy! Ive got a few options ( loose the ambi safety, etc). so Im not too worried about it. Just going to get it out to the range and shoot the heck out of it for now...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:07 am 
Very nice. Like the 2 tone look.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:36 am 
Great job very nice pistol!

Jump to: