[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Highlighted links

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:43 am

Board index » Information » Forum Help, Questions & Suggestions

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:35 am 
I was wondering if there might be a way to have links highlighted in such a way that the link stands out from the rest of the text. Unless the 'problem' is on my end only, that is.

What I'm talking about can be seen in the following sentence ("here" contains a link to another page): A thread about oversize 1911 pins is .

The way I'm seeing it, "here" (containing the link) in the sentence above looks the same as the rest of the sentence, and unless you happen to run your cursor over it you'd never know there was a link.

Minor thing but I thought I'd mention it. Overall this is a very good site and it is run well.

Thanks for your time, Mark

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 pm 
The "here" looks to be a slightly different color on my computer. I am color deficient but it really does look not black as the rest of the text. Might be me.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm 
Here is a blue color on my screen.

JM

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm 
I do not know if this is the case with highlighted links or not, but I can tell you generally that features here have always been kept pretty simple to keep costs down.

Here, cost isn't covered by a slew of independent advertising. I remember the owners have historically leaned in that direction to keep content and administration as unbiased as possible. A good, trade-off in my book.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm 
There aren't any link options with the current software being used.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:54 pm 
Some browsers have options where you can change the color or otherwise highlight hyperlinks.

Profile WWW  

Jump to: