1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 am

Board index » Information » New Member Introduction

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:35 pm 
Hi all,

I reside and play on the south side of Houston where it's hot and wet most of the year. Have a great outdoor range (not public, gun club, actually) close to home where I'm able to test handloads and new (to me) firearms. I have a number of firearms, but have only been collecting and loading for about 4 years, now. Love the activity, sport, exercise of my rights, etc...

I've only imagined myself a gunsmith, of any kind. I have two 1911's to my name and want to be able to smith my own. So signing up here and other forums to pick on the experience of other as I start off on a new hobby. I would love to find a local gunsmith where I could apprentice, but may just have to follow along and get the experience as time goes by.

By the time I retire (~10 years) I hope to be well advanced and able to establish myself as a smith in my local area, as a second career. I do intend to apply for a Type 1 dealer/gunsmith FFL sometime in the future, once I feel I'm ready to work on "other people's guns."

...any how, current 1911s: Springfield Armory RO, Colt WC CCO

Charles

"There is no comparison whatever between an armed and disarmed man; it is not reasonable to suppose that one who is armed will obey willingly one who is unarmed; or that any unarmed man will remain safeā€¦." Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince, 1537

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:02 am 
Welcome aboard!

Jump to: