1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 am

Board index » Other Firearms & Information » Revolvers

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:04 am 
Hi,
I'm at it again. I have a Old S&W Model 10 38 special and the Center Rod and Extractor Rod Bolt (Front Bolt) had been screwed with and the Cylinder/Crane fit was pretty loose. It came to Me with a Bent Center Rod and a Seriously filed up Extractor Rod Bolt. I have a Crane alignment tool and aligned the Crane for the pin on the tool to just enter the Center Pin Hole in the Frame Freely when the Crane just comes into Full contact with the Frame. I then Fit a New Center Rod by makeing it .002 longer then the assembled Extractor Rod. So Far this all seems to Function Much Smoother and Tighter then before and I'm pretty happy with it. I have a New Front Extractor Rod Locking Bolt for it also and have it in there without the pin. The cylinder opens and closes smoothly and fine. And seems to lock up tightly. Much Better then Before. What I do notice is while moveing the thumb piece forward to unlock the cylinder I see the extractor rod move upward towards the barrel slightly. So the Bolt must be throwing the extractor rod out of alignment??? I'm told the Extractor Rod Bolt is a Fitted Part?? I can find No information on How this bolt should be Fit and I'd like to get it right before tapping the pin back in. Can anyone give Me the Scoop on Fitting the Extractor Rod Bolt? And if My other Work sounds good So Far?
I know its No 1911 but it's Cheap Fun and Im practiceing for My Model 22.
Thanks Much,
Larry

Jump to: