[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Cap &ball carry gun

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Board index » Other Firearms & Information » Revolvers

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35 pm 
Here it is. This one was a challenge. There was initial talk with the customer about re-engineering the hinged ram rod parts for a shorter barrel. Then the reality of what that would cost came in and we chose a belt mountain center pin. I hope he is happy with it, and now I can go back to 1911's, :lol:

That is a Cerakote graphite black finish. It is smudged from the grease and oil I was working in there. But I had other jobs to get to, to pay bills, so I didnt spend as much time cleaning for pics as I probably should have.
Thanks for looking!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 pm 
Nice work George!

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 pm 
That is certainly unique. If it were mine I would have had you fit a cartridge conversion as well. Does the release for the cylinder pin work like a SAA? I think it looks great.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Gotta turn it with a screw driver. It is notched for the pin to pass by and turning it captures a notch in the base pin. The release is held in place by a staked ball detent.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 am 
Gotcha. Thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 am 
Like i saiid before....pretty cool project..well done!

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:07 am 
George, workin on "cap" guns and all the other variations of firearms certainly builds the mental library of cool tricks, gadgets, widgets, and ways of doing things.

Skillbuilding. Very cool.

CW

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:24 am 
Breaking the mould! :) I like it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:45 pm 
One thing is sure, no one else will have anything like it! Nice work George.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:01 am 
Hello sir new for this topic and it seems that this is really interesting to visit,, i like those weapons you have posted in this wall, i like the figure and quality of this gun, looks nice to carry.

Profile YIM  

Jump to: