[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Hi-Power Cam Pin

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Board index » Other Firearms & Information » Hi-Power

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 am 
I just purchased a Browning T series Hi-Power with broken cam pin. I was aware of this before the sale. I am a toolmaker by trade so manufacturing one is not a problem if I have to go that route.

Cylinder and Slide will install them but they will not sell just the cam pin. As stated I can reverse engineer and manufacture the cam pin but I would prefer to find a source to purchase or a print with the manufactures specs.

Any source for cam pins or advise on manufacturing them.

Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:03 am 
We make ours proprietary to our frames, but the few I have replaced in the past came from a batch of de milled frames long since gone. If you have both pieces of the old one, I would just reverse engineer it. They are not all the same. If I were doing one now, I would contact Don Williams.

CW

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:52 am 
CW

Thanks for the info. It's a GB purchase. It's an old Jim Hoag gun http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =474134856

I should be getting both parts. I don't have it yet but reverse engineering seems my best option. I was not aware they are not all the same. I do have some spare S7 tool steel that will eliminate any future breakage.

I also have a stock Hi-Power that I was going to install a Bomar BCMS since I have 7 or 8 instock but after looking at your sights I may have to rethink that.

Thinking about doing a S&W 52 barrel bushing also.

Until I started looking for cam pin info I have not heard of your company. You have some very very nice products.

Thanks again for the information.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:11 pm 
Thanks M-Tec. The bushing is pretty neat. I have some old Behlert stuff my buddy Dave Berryhill gave me, including notes and Bushings. We are exploring that option on our EVO BHP.

CW

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:05 pm 
Chuck

If I remember correctly Austin Behlert used 1911 style bushings and not S&W 52 bushings. Is that correct? I would think that would be a more elegant but costly solution.

I have never touched a Hoag with the 52 bushing or a Behlert anything. I do have a S&W 52 and web pictures to reverse engineer from it I go that route.

The other option that is keeping me awake at night is a scaled down Briley Spherical bushing.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:56 am 
I have a couple Behlert High Power bushings along with one of his High Power Hammer/sear sets I got from Austin right after he retired. The bushing is similar in some respects to both the S&W and the 1911. It screws in like an S&W 52 and has a solid plate at the bottom where the 1911 has a cut for the recoil spring plug.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:32 am 
Thanks for the info. Does your Behlert bushing look like this one? http://www.eastcoastallstars.net/wp-adm ... k-7619.jpg *note this is listed as a HP but I sure looks like a 1911 to me.

or this one by Jim Hoag? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =472503067

Just found these pics of some of his work http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=122378

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:42 am 
Could any of the various CZ75 (and clone) bushings be reworked for the BHP? Briley used to offer the spherical bushing for the P9/Witness, and there is the current CZ Accu-Bushing.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 am 

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:52 pm 
Mine are the same as BBBBill's. The Briley is cool, but a good angle bored bushing will work just as well. The problem in a HP design is getting the lock up tight enough to utilize a very good bushing. Not any easy task, but achievable. The slide is pretty thin for threading, unless it's cut down.

We are probably gonna settle on a press fit bushing that's gunsmith replaceable.

CW

Jump to: