1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Board index » 1911s » Tutorials, "How To's" and FAQ's

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:46 am 
Thank you both, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this. Not only the time, but the consideration to share this with us as well.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm 
Quick reminder - This site's about having fun teaching and learning correct pistolsmithing information in an agenda-free environment.  Questions toward that end are always wanted and appreciated, no matter how rudimentary the poster's knowledge and experience.  After all, that's why we're here.

Please exercise common sense when posting, including having a valid basis before challenging professional advice. 

Thanks.

Best,
Jon

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm 
BigJon wrote:
Quick reminder - This site's about having fun teaching and learning correct pistolsmithing information in an agenda-free environment.  Questions toward that end are always wanted and appreciated, no matter how rudimentary the poster's knowledge and experience.  After all, that's why we're here....

Well said Jon. If one of our professional gunsmiths posts information that is contrary to what you have learned, posting that as a question will get a much better response than a challenge.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm 
Joshu wrote:
Thank you both, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post this. Not only the time, but the consideration to share this with us as well.

A big ditto to that.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:39 pm 
I am greatful for the examples of problem solving and workmanship posted on this site and moreover the gentlemen who take time from their professional duties to share their work and experience with us.

Thanks for that.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:37 pm 
Well put, Rick. I agree 100%.

Best,
Jon

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:31 pm 
I am beginning to see the reason for all of the "1911 suck" videos. It would seem that you cant really assume the handgun you just spent a grand on is 100% and most people dont have the patience to learn to correct these errors or want to spend the money to fix a new gun. I have read several posts hear about someone describing a fault and a cure. And then someone else posts that they just checked all of their $tock guns and found the same fault.

I kinda feel like i hit a motherload of experience and information.

Thanks yall

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:18 pm 
So I have been reading hear for a while along with reading in the gunsmiths section of 1911forum and making a collection of information.

In recent weeks I have been going through old posts, like this one and checking for the issues discussed in the posts, neither my full size or my Commander have this issue.

but my 100% reliable (1,000+ rds since I started to carry last year) EDC EMP is actually cut so high a round can completely clear the ejector slot!!! :shock:

I have had no issues yet... but I truly believe, what can go wrong, WILL!

It looks like this gun will be taking another trip back to Springfield... :roll:

Aaron

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:22 am 
I don't believe you can get warranty work on speculation. The manufacturer will probably require a repeatable failure mode to correct.
Joe

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:11 pm 
Joe, I will call still call and confirm with Springfield but I believe you are correct...

I one of the smiths here is going to get some work from me if Springfield does not fee this is an issue.

Aaron

Jump to: