[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Increase the life of your barrel....

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 am

Board index » 1911s » Tutorials, "How To's" and FAQ's

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm 
wow bob thank u for posting such a wonderful thread very informative i learned something new right now u give me knowledge not only me but to all the new comers..

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 pm 
Excellent!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 am 
Thank you very much Bob. Yours was the very 1st post that I've read on this forum as I just joined. Hopefully I'll learn from all the links I read! LOL Again thanks and as I've just started researching 1911's to purchase my 1st, here's something very important to look for that I didn't know before! I'm thinking that no matter how many weapons I own my collection wouldn't be complete without one of John Moses Browning's masterpieces. Take it easy fella's Later.

Dennis in Idaho

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:12 am 
Hi Bob,
reading some old post and seen this and looked and my Springfield needs this done, I was looking for tool to cut this relief, can this cutter be used by hand or due you have to have a mill?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 am 
On my Colt the difference in the measurement from the bowtie to the machined circle is .003" measured with a Starrett
It ain't much..

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:11 am 
on my Springfield there is no circle cut and the flat surface looks like it was cut with a dull end mill I would say about a 250 machine finish. I would think a spot face tool with a pilot to keep it centered could be done by hand if it only needs to be say .005 deep for clearance .

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:57 am 
You can spot face them by hand with a ramped barrel frame bridge cutter.

CW

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:04 am 
thanks CW
Rich

Jump to: