1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:09 am

Board index » Training, Competition & Ammo » Competition & Training

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:43 pm 
I had to go to the range and shoot for quarterly quals today so I took the Double Eagle along for a test shoot.

I have to say that this gun shoots as straight as can be. My first 6 rounds were inside a 50 cent piece (it should have been though) I shot our work qual course (30 rounds starting at the 3-1/2 yard line: 6 rounds strong hand only and 6 rounds support hand only, 7 yard line; draw and fire 2 rounds in 3 seconds, stay aimed in, the 2 rounds in 2 seconds twice followed by a reload then draw and fire 2 to the chest one to the head twice in 20 seconds , and finishing at the 15 yard line withdraw and fire 2 rounds support side standing, 2 rounds strong side standing and 2 rounds strong side kneeling using the barricade. I am pleased with its performance. Although I would not have had a perfect score of 150 I was in the mid-140s range - for the first time shooting the gun.

My only problem (and it isn't the gun) was the 1st follow on shot from double action to single action. I fired several rounds before I was ready to; such is the difference in length of pull from DA to SA. No malfunctions.

I think I will keep this gun!

Jump to: