[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - 1920 Remington 12-A

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:13 am

Board index » Other Firearms & Information » Rifles

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm 
I just inherited a Remington 12-A pump action 22LR. I have done some research and found that serial number - 4938?? was made and sold in 1920. That is cool cause this means that it was my great grandpa's 22.

I have found out that the firing pin is broken. My question is for you "Smiths" out there. I have done some shopping around and found that a replacement pin and smithing to fit is going to run about 100 bones. Is there anyone here that could sell me one cheaper and maybe help me "fit" it myself? I want to shoot this gun but just don't have money to drop on another firearm. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys,
Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm 
To find a replacement firing pin, try:
http://www.jackfirstgun.com/
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

I prefer to deal with Jack First when I can. You call them and speak with a live person on the phone and they will call you back and let you know if they have the part.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 am 
Wow that was nice model of 1920 gun some people searching of that kind but that so hard to find now,
its really interesting to see that in person sir.

Last edited by Geraldmirs on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:53 am 
Jack First and GPC are the first places to start, as mentioned. Your location might help if you are looking for local assistance with the rest of the process, without the hassles of shipping and transferring.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:35 am 
I own Remington 700 and I think I don't want anything else in a rifle. It is so smooth and easy to fire that I find it very amusing to carry it whenever I I go out for hunting deer.

Jump to: