1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 am

Board index » 1911s » General 1911 Topics

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:51 pm 
Can anyone please give me information on companies that manufacture OEM parts for 1911 pistols. I am looking for the companies that make them for Brown, Wilson, Kimber, etc.. I have parts designed that I want to have made. Pleasedon't respond with things that are not relevent to the above question like " that info is top secret," etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and Iknow that I will have to order 1000 pieces of said parts.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:04 pm 
The only one I know of for sure is EGW. Extreme Engineering too probably.
Joe

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:04 am 
Greetings,

At one time, Smith & Wesson offered custom machining. I wrote to ask about hot bluing of my machined parts. They did reply with a quote.

I am a small fish so when you approach them with an order for 1000 parts, I suspect they would quote competitively.

They have all the resources...

Cheers,

Dave

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 pm 
fredd3039 wrote:
Can anyone please give me information on companies that manufacture OEM parts for 1911 pistols. I am looking for the companies that make them for Brown, Wilson, Kimber, etc.. I have parts designed that I want to have made. Pleasedon't respond with things that are not relevent to the above question like " that info is top secret," etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and Iknow that I will have to order 1000 pieces of said parts.

Most of the time, if an OEM is outsourcing the manufacture of some of its parts, more than likely is it simply just a machine shop. Nothing special about it. I would recommend that you simply look for a good shop to start a relationship with. There is nothing special, nor magical about 1911 parts. ( or any other firearm for that matter ) The real magic happens when parts are fit together and mated into an assembly that functions. A part is a part is a part. As well, you should not have to look at purchasing 1000 or anything to have it made. There are shops that will deal in small quantities, as well.

A few of the members here are also machine shop owners. You might reach out to one of us. Start locally and work outwardly from there. Frankly, it really should not matter that it is a 1911 part when you speak to the shop. If it were me, I would not even tell them. There are some shops that will charge more simply because it is a firearm part. End of the day, they're all just lumps of metal, formed by machining. They have no consciousness about their ultimate purpose.

If you cannot find any love, feel free to reach out and I'll be happy to look at it for you. But you should not have much trouble finding a shop to deal with.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 pm 
EGW

RemSport / TR Enabling

JEM

Fusion

These are few that came to mind who is already making parts for the 1911.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:10 pm 
It may be easier to machine your own.

Jump to: