[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Gun Grease

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 am

Board index » 1911s » General 1911 Topics

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 am 
Anyone ever tried using white lithium grease on frame and slide rails.
I'm looking for a lube that stays in place well. Though white grease might fit the bill?
Thanks gentlemen

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 pm 
Heavy duty extreme pressure grease on parts that have a lot of pressure, such as the sear/hammer interface and pins lightens and smooths the trigger pull. Grease on the slide, barrel, etc. slows and cushions the recoil action a little bit, but it dries up and gets too sticky and dry too soon IMO. I use synthetic motor oil there, it's lasted the best out of all the stuff I've tried.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:51 am 
Can anybody tell me after how many days of usage we should apply the grease? I have been using Rem oil for lubricating the gun components after heavy usage of the firearms for about 2 months.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:19 pm 
Not a fan of Rem Oil. I prefer a stronger film strength and longer lasting lube. At one time Dave Berryhill sold some light weight red lube (similar to Vaseline in consistency) he called Ultimate Lube. Couldn't get him to divulge the source...he repackaged it. I wish I had a lot more. And I wish I could still ask him about it...
Joe

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:27 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:56 pm 
May be but I did learn that Dave had to buy large quantities to repackage so it may have the same root source. I may try to send a sample to one of the labs mentioned at Bob Is the Oil Guy forum to find out what it is...
Joe

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:30 pm 
Lately, I have been extremely happy with the Lucas Oil Outdoor line of grease, oils and cleaners. They have two oils and the thinner of the two works better for me on slide to frame fit.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am 
I don't run a grease on the slide to frame, but if I was going to try one it would be TW25B. That's what I use for my trigger kits, a little goes a very long way.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:47 pm 
I have been using white grease on slide/frame and barrel/bushing contact areas for years but I also put a light oil atop of it. Since I have free bottles of Brownells red oil I have used it for several years. I carry in a duty holster in the central Arizona desert so just oil cooks out quick. The combination has worked well without having to ad oil every 5-7 days as in the past. I originally bought the Wilson stuff mainly for the applicator many years ago and now have just refilled it. A very fine line and the oil works great...for me.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:40 am 
I wonder how close Lucas Gun Oil is to what you're looking for. Lucas usually has as stringy "tackifier" in their lubricants. Another idea worth considering is ATF with a dab of STP or Lucas Oil Treatment in it to make it tacky.

Jump to: