[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4601: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4604: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3764)
1911Pro.com • View topic - Although I'm not a Kimber fan

1911Pro.com

The 1911 Forum For Professional & DIY Gunsmithing
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:57 am

Board index » 1911s » General 1911 Topics

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:29 am 
I am a sucker for a nicely priced full-sized 1911. A friend said he had a gun for sale and asked me if I was interested. He said he thought about taking it to the local gun shop but thought they'd only give him $500 for it; he offered it to me for $650. It is a very lightly used Kimber Super Carry Custom - full size, carry melt, rounded butt, aluminum framed steel slide, two tone gun. With an MSRP of $1,596 I think I did quite well...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:58 am 
Interesting that the frame was constructed with a raised panel to provide adequate strap thickness if checkering was done.
Joe

(edit)
You Suck! :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:54 am 
Wow, he must have really needed the money.
What does the other side look like? Any pics?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 am 
PA - I just bought a new camera; I'll take some pictures of my gun and post them; but it was well maintained by the previous owner. I went to give it a good cleaning and essentially I ended up wiping his lubricating oil down and applying mine!

There was one problem that came with the gun - the lower right stock screw was mis-threaded by the previous owner and wouldn't budge. I had to use some needle nosed vise grips to remove the screw; as you can imagine the screw and bushing were toast. Darn, 6 months ago when I bought some "fake" ivory stocks I also bought 4 spare bushings. A five minute job; good as new!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 am 
Congratulations. Flip it quick before it mutates!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:20 am 
I had a Pro Carry II that was accurate as heck.

Jump to: